Who We Are
Legends Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center provides compassionate and personal skilled care 24 hours a day. We specialize in providing rehabilitation services onsite to help our residents regain their independence and return to their homes.
At Legends Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, we are extremely proud to serve our residents and their families. It is very important to us that our residents’ short-term rehabilitation, long-term care, or respite care be convenient and successful which is why we have an on-staff infectious disease physician as well as a critical care pulmonologist.
We warmly welcome family, friends, and visitors any day of the week. Our staff is ready to address any inquiries regarding our services, insurance coverage, or available amenities. Thank you for considering Legends Care Rehabilitation and Nursing Center as a potential option for you or your loved one’s care.
Our commitment to our residents:
- To provide each resident with individualized care and treatment
- To provide an exceptional customer service experience
- To help each resident achieve their highest level of function, mobility, and independence.
We prioritize exceptional customer service, making every resident feel welcomed and well-cared for. Our activities director curates meaningful daily activities and enjoyable outings for all residents to participate in. Additionally, we have a beauty and barbershop where residents can indulge in weekly pampering sessions. Loved ones are also invited to join us for delicious meals in our dining room, creating opportunities for shared experiences and cherished moments.
Legends Care At A Glance
- Every bed in our facility is certified to accept Medicare and Medicaid patients.
- Each room is equipped with modern electric high/low beds.
- Full in-house rehab unit provides PT, OT, ST.
- Qualified nurses are available and present on-site around the clock, 24 hours a day.
- Admissions can be processed 24/7.
- Flat-screen TV’s and free cable television
- Telephone’s in each room
- Laundry services offered
- Beautician/Barbershop once or twice a week
- Activities/Entertainment offered with frequent outings
- We are honored to be recognized as one of only 17 recipients in the state of Ohio to have received the prestigious American Health Care Association’s Bronze Quality Award in 2017.
Administrator – Kimberly Armstrong, LNHA
Medical Director – Dr. Steven Nam
Director of Nursing – Cheryl Heater RN
Director of Rehabilitation – Brooke Jarvis COTA
Business Development Coordinator – Jolene Bischoff
Director of Business Development – Gwen Severini
Dietary Supervisor – Vikki Minner
Activities Director – Susan King
Housekeeping/Laundry – Laszlo Lengyel
Maintenance – Laszlo Lengyel
Social Services – Carmelita Wendling
Medical Records Coordinator – Monica Richardson
Human Resources Coordinator – Carmelita Wendling
MDS Coordinator – Tammy Lanning RN
Scheduler – Melissa McMonigal
Unit Manager – Jennifer Thompson LPN
Receptionist – Monica Richardson
Dr. Vishal Sawhney, M.D., M.H.P, holds board certifications in Internal Medicine, Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine. He is affiliated with University Hospital-Portage Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center. In 2018, Dr. Sawhney received the prestigious Patient’s Choice Award from Vitals.com.
The Patient’s Choice Award is a notable recognition that signifies the positive impact a physician has had on the lives of their patients. It is bestowed upon physicians who have consistently received exceptional scores and feedback from the individuals they have treated. This award serves as a testament to Dr. Sawhney’s commitment to providing outstanding medical care and his dedication to his patients’ well-being.
Infectious Disease Specialist
Dr. Badie Alnemr is Board Certified in Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine. He is affiliated with area hospitals including Aultman Hospital and Mercy Medical Center.
We have a full-time wound certified RN and additionally, a nurse practitioner from the Northeast Surgical Wound Center comes weekly to our facility and does rounds to check each patient.